Check! Check! 1,2,3 check!
Ok, so, how does one break a nearly year-and-a-half blogging silence?
Well, I left off with a June 2013 post, announcing that I was going on hiatus, partly because I’d been lacking inspiration, and partly because I needed to focus my attention on other things going on in my life (translation of the latter: I needed to get my shit together 😲).
In the interim, I’ve missed blogging a little bit, from time to time, but not enough to start up again, and yet just enough to renew the Fish & Bicycles domain name registration, twice.
So, what’s changed?
- I’ve mostly got my shit together.
- I’m doing yoga regularly.
- I’ve lost 20lbs via a low-carb diet.
- I’m spending more time with my now, gulp, 17-year old son.
- I’m mostly achieving balance between work and play and family time.
- I suddenly miss blogging enough to want to jump back into it.
And, what hasn’t changed?
- I still live in the City of Subdued Excitement, beautiful Bellingham, Washington.
- I am still married (16 years).
- I am still kidding myself that I’m parenting a teenager.
- I still play rhythm guitar and sing in a rock band.
So, let’s see how this goes. I’ll probably be rusty at first, right out of the gate, I’ll likely not be as prolific as I was before I left off, but maybe…
I’ll find my groove again.