Yesterday, while browsing the sizable cheese selection at Trader Joe’s, scanning for any organic choices available to me, the product you see in the photo here caught my eye. (click on the photo to enlarge)
Now, I’m a HUGE proponent of buying organic products, but the questions this one inspires are many, important, and even funny. Here are just a few:
- What the HELL is “Pasteurized Process Cheese Product” and how can anyone buy, much less, ingest it?!
- Does it really matter that it’s organic?!
- How different is this from organic cigarettes?
- How appropriate, and for us Americans, how embarrassing is it that a product like this is named “American Slices”?
- Since the product is white, are American Slices racist?
- Are these actual slices from actual Americans, and if so, shouldn’t these be called Soylent Slices?